I am calling this week one of summer break.  No school to think of whatsoever and it was nice.  I think I will not mention school again until sometime in August, deal?

I started this week sleeping in.  Sunday we went to an all day graduation party and Monday was the day to recoup.  My guy was home also which made it very easy to get some extra z’s since I didn’t have to get up early and make lunch, etc.

The Bee’s Knees. The first time I’ve ever had chicken and waffles.
I spent some of my morning on the computer and then spent a little time doing laundry.  I don’t think I did any of that the week before.  Around lunch time, the three of us here, made our way to Jackson for lunch out – the perfect start to break if you ask me, out of the kitchen!  After that we we stopped by Lowe’s.  I got flowers, my guy got stuff to fix a leaky spot around the flashing on the roof.  From there we stopped over at the family property for a bit, and then home to finish up the night resting and relaxing.  It was nice.

Lately, it looks different every time I go to the property.
Tuesday I spent half of my day in the yard.  I had to mow, with the push mower, the weeds were so tall around the house it was looking very much like a jungle.  This helped me tremendously with my step count for the week.  I didn’t even put my FitBit on on Monday as it is about to fall apart.  I ordered a replacement but it won’t be in for a few weeks yet.  In the mean time, I found my old cover and put it on to hold the thing together.  I have a weekly workout challenge going with several of my FitBit friends and I was a whole day behind.  All that yard work helped, plus the afternoon gym trip with my boy, and I hit my 12,000 step goal around 3 pm.

This evening, my guy and I had big plans.  Well, I had big plans anyway.  There was music in the park downtown in Jackson and I really, really wanted to go.  I got cleaned up from the day and threw on my polka dotted cherry dress and headed to meet my guy for our night out.  We had dinner and then it started to rain.  As we drove by the park after dinner, we only saw the band packing up in the middle of the downpour.  A big disappointment to me, but I saw on Facebook the event will be rescheduled.  So I was all dressed up with nowhere to go but back home.  At least I didn’t have to cook dinner.  That’s always a bonus in my book.  I get tired of cooking and cleaning the kitchen all the time, can’t you tell?

All dressed up and no where to go but home.
Wednesday I didn’t feel 100%.  I have allergies from being around everything outside, and I’ve had low energy levels again.  I spent this day inside catching up on cleaning, finally.  And, I shouldn’t make it sound like I got far, there is still so much I have to do as of Thursday night while I am writing this post.  I made it to the gym for HIIT and a few extra minutes on the elliptical before heading home to make dinner.  My boy has been off this whole week from work and it has been nice having him around for earlier than usual dinners this week.

Now for Thursday, today, the day I am writing this, even though it will most likely be published on Friday.  I got up early, got my guy off to work, then headed to the property to work on wine.  I had some to rack that I started last week.  Once that was done, I came home did some more laundry, made lunch for my boy and I and then took a nap.  An hour nap because I could.  It helped.  Then we got ready to hit the road once again today, and we went to Paris.  Paris, TN that is.  My boy wanted to try out a different gymnastics gym with a cool floor on his break.  He had a good time, and we got to go out to dinner afterwards.  We got home a bit late and I made my way back to the laundry pile.  I almost have it put away for this week.  Just in time to start with it again next week.

As I write this now, I still have photos to add and edit for the post, and that will be the main reason why you all won’t be reading this until Friday.  It’s getting late and I am ready to call it a night.  I am taking my boy to Memphis tomorrow, Friday, to try out a different trampoline park so I will probably be away from the computer until later in the afternoon.  When you do read my post, there should be plenty of photos added to help tell the story of my week.

Until the next post, have a great Friday!

Don't leave yet! Tell me what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: