Hello, hello!  This was week two of summer break and it was far from a break.  It started with a three day weekend and that was wonderful!  The boy was off this week as well and we took advantage of his evenings home and did everything.  I was beat come Friday afternoon and this weekend of doing not much was very nice.  I will start with last Sunday.

Sunday, May 27th:  Yard work day, for the guys anyway.  I stayed inside most of the time and caught up on things that needed to be done around the house, AKA laundry.  After this we went to the property.  There was plenty to do out there.  Stephen and Ethan checked on the bees, found one queen, and I started racking my wine that I had started the week before.  The last 30 gallons of the 2017 season made it into the wine room and I have two empty freezers ready for this years pickings.  From here we came back home and I started to edit photos.

On our way out to the property we needed gas and I saw the perfect photo opportunity while waiting.  Right across the street was a barn and a bunch of thistle.  How could I not take a bunch of pictures!  This is how I imagine it will be while I am in the middle of a daily photo challenge.  I will be walking around looking for things to take pictures of.  I really, really liked a lot of the pictures I took today.  Just a heads up, they will be showing up around here quite a bit over the next few months.  Probably as featured images at the top of my posts.  I always need those anyway.

Monday, May 28th:  Memorial day so a second Sunday around here.  Stephen was home and we slept in.  It’s always nice when that happens.  We didn’t have much to do today.  Ethan met some of the family at the lake while Stephen and I went to town and had lunch and made a stop at the small town mall, AKA Walmart.  We got stuff for dinner and came back home.  This afternoon I started cutting out a new dress, it’s gonna be a cactus dress, but I don’t know when I will find the time to finish it this week.

Tuesday, May 29th:  The only morning I was home all week.  I spent my time on the blog and doing more laundry.  The house is kind of a mess and I must tackle the summer deep cleaning, but that’ll be here when I get to it.  This afternoon tropical storm Alberto showed up and it poured down rain from about 3pm until midnight.  And I mean poured down rain!  The weather radar showed a red and yellow swirl over us for hours.  Great time to go for a drive for dinner, right?  No, it was awful, but at least I drove the truck so I didn’t have to worry about being run over in the Mini or the awful potholes that I couldn’t see.  We went to Jackson to meet Stephen for dinner, and I can’t remember the last time the boy joined us for a week night out.  He’s always working.  It was good, and we enjoyed the night, despite the torrential downpour that was going on around us.

Wednesday, May 30th:  The boy and I were invited to a pool party.  I tidied up just enough to make the house seem not a disaster, and we headed to Jackson for the rest of the day.  After the pool party we met Stephen and several friends at the bowling and skating rink.  We bowled, the boy skated, and we all played Putt-Putt.  Remember, I said we did everything this week.  After this we had a late night out to dinner and it was once again a nice treat for us all to get to spend the time with each other.

Thursday, May 31st:  Out of the house early, this time we were headed east.  We went to Franklin TN so the boy could go to the trampoline park.  After a few hours of this, we ate lunch and headed into Nashville to the skate park where we spent three more hours.  It was extreme sport day Thursday.  At five we were done and in downtown Nashville.  It was rush hour.  The perfect time to stop and get Ethan and Caleb something to drink for the ride home.  (Noted sarcasm.)  We found a Smoothie King close by, and as they were getting their drinks I waited in a nearby parking lot and took lots more pictures.  I have so so many on my phone and my camera!  Good thing I have a new phone with plenty of space.  We came home and I just wanted to sit and do nothing for the rest of the night.

Friday, June 1st:  This morning the boy wanted to tumble at a gym in Jackson, so I took him and the cousin there.  It rained on us again, and it rained a lot again.  A trip to the lake was after this, but I was very happy when we cancelled it because of the weather.  We came home, I made a trip to Walmart, and then finally did something with the messy house.  We had nachos for dinner, my favorite and easiest meal to make, then called it a week.

I am very much looking forward to spending time at home, and I can’t wait to get to that deep cleaning that I’ve been neglecting.  Next week will be a lot less exciting, I’m sure.  It has to be!

If you made this far, thanks for reading.  I appreciate you all, my regular readers.  ❤

What has your summer looked like so far?

Don't leave yet! Tell me what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: