It has been quite awhile since I have gotten one of these blogger awards, and actually I was a little surprised when I got a comment from Mkaundal telling me that she had nominated me for the One Lovely Blogger Award. I thought these were mostly for newbie bloggers, not those of us old timers who have been here in the WordPress blogosphere for years now. (On a side note, I wrote my 500th post last week – woo hoo!) I was wrong, and I thank you very much, Mkaundal, for thinking me and my blog worthy of such an award.
I will admit that I have gotten a few of these types of blogger awards in the past, which basically serve as a means to let your readers get to know you a little bit more, and also give a shout-out to other bloggers. I have never participated in any, except that one that my sister tagged me in, years ago (which wasn’t really a blogging award). I worry about the tagging others part because I never can seem to mentally narrow that list down. I’m going to participate this time, only my tagging will be like it was before, anyone of you readers who blog – you lovely bloggers, you – consider yourselves tagged. Leave me a comment, should you decide to participate, that way I can stop on by; I’d love to read your responses!
Let me get back to what is involved with this nice little award, the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. Thanks again, Mkaundal!
- List the rules and display the award. Done.
- Nominate 15 others. Any of you reading, you have my nomination. Hopefully, there’s at least 15 of you…
- Give 7 facts about yourself.
Here I go, seven random facts about me, that have nothing to do with anything:
- Zip lining is the most extreme activity that I have ever done. Some people could say sky diving, or hang gliding, or even rock climbing, but for me it was zip lining. I suppose now that I have done it a time or two, it’s not as extreme as I initially thought. But that first step off of the platform, knowing I would be suspended above the rain forest, was pretty intense for me. And so you know, I don’t ever want to sky dive, hang glide, or rock climb – real rock climbing that is. I will do a rock wall no problem.
- I once auditioned for the musical West Side Story. It was my first ever musical audition, I sang “The Music in the Mirror” from A Chorus Line, and it was a flop. I had never been so embarrassed in my life up to that point. In fact, maybe that was my most embarrassing moment in life. Standing in a room in front of all those people watching, listening, and judging me sing a song that the pianist played way faster than I had rehearsed for – it was awful! I didn’t get a call back, not even for a dancing part – which I could do compared to the singing part. That was very new to me. Oh, well. I can say I did it, and since my sister auditioned as well, if I am remembering correctly, that may have had something to do with that family trip to California that year…
- I played volleyball my freshman year of high school, and I really wasn’t that good at it. I can bump and I can keep my eye on the ball alright, but collectively my whole team – the C team by the way – was pretty bad. I think we won only one game the whole season. I tried out for the JV team my sophomore year, and it wasn’t really a surprise that I didn’t make the cut. Also, have I ever mentioned that I was never really into sports while growing up?
- Fourteen years ago I had a baby boy, the boy as I refer to him on the blog. What you may not know is that I had my boy at home. Having a home birth was the most amazing thing that I have ever done, and I would do it exactly the same if I were to do it again.
- My first job was bussing tables at a fifties themed restaurant. I used to go there all the time with several of my friends because it was so fun, and then I had this idea one day to go in and apply for a job. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t get it, no experience and all, but I did. Once I got the job, I wasn’t sure I really wanted it. Why did I think a summer job was a good idea, I remember thinking. It did end up being a fun way to spend that summer though, and I also remember buying several pairs of tights and lots of Sunday brunches with my guy with all that hard earned money. (I got $2 something an hour, plus tips. Big bucks, right?)
- I think nachos is my favorite food. And not so much for the meat, chips, and cheese, but all the garnish is what I like. That is why I say I think that nachos is my favorite food, because salads are kind of like that too; I like salads not so much for the lettuce and dressing, but all the toppings you get to add on it. Maybe my favorite food is toppings?
- I have been a home school teacher in some way or form since 1998-1999. I started out helping those friends of mine that had children, years before I had my own child. I just love doing it so much, I have been doing it ever since.
That’s it, seven random things about me. Don’t forget, fellow bloggers, you can say that you have been tagged. Leave me a comment if you post one of these yourself. And if you made it this far, thanks for reading!
2 Replies to “One Lovely Blogger Award…”
Well I can honestly say I think you deserve the award!!! I’m at work doing a graveyard shift and thought this would be a great time to go through my email account and delete all the old emails. I seem to never get to this chore and I made it as far as two deletes. Before getting on your blog and reading several posts!!! Which I must say has been a whole lot more fun!!!
I do that sometimes, start deleting emails just to end up distracted by something in my inbox. There will always be those emails to delete, and I am happy that you find reading my blog more fun than dealing with email. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂