My sister ‘blog tagged’ me last week and since I accepted her tag, I have a post idea all ready to write about for this week. However, this ready to write about topic did take some considering before I actually got it on here. The way this works:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people
Now, my only problem is that I don’t know 11 people who blog, so anyone reading this post who does, feel free to take my questions as a future blog post.
Hmmm, okay, here it goes, eleven random things about me (without being too revealing):
1. I have kept a daily journal since I was in the 5th or 6th grade. Obviously, I have missed days here and there, and even months. But for the most part, I have a pretty vivid memory of my life thanks to writing about it so often.
2. I have never had a manicure or a pedicure, and don’t really know how to take care of my own cuticles! I sometimes ask my guy to help me but he refuses!
3. I feel somewhat insecure without bangs. I don’t know why, and I have tried to grow them out, but always end up cutting them because for some reason I think I need them.
4. My favorite flower is a passion flower. I think they are so cool looking and I know there are some growing in the field next to our property, but I don’t want to look for them because I don’t want to get ticks on me in the process.
5. The English nerd in me likes to read sentences that have the correlative conjunction ‘not only… but also’ in them. Does that even make sense? Some people have favorite words, I just have a favorite conjunction!
6. When I first got married I was afraid of centipedes. We lived in a house that had these hairy looking ‘house centipedes’ and they only showed up at night. I hated them! (Since having a boy, bugs don’t bother me anymore.)
7. My guy, a dear friend, and I once had the cops called on us for playing with a laser pointer. Really! We didn’t get in trouble, we just happened to have shined it on the neighbor’s porch who was a former state trooper. The neighbor thought it was a threat against his life. Funny now, but kind of freaked us out then.
8. I am a procrastinator.
9. I am thinking to harvest the kudzu in my back yard and make a salad with it. (It is really good for you, and I have spent money on capsules, even though it is everywhere in the yard!)
10. Jewelry cleaner splashed in my mouth when I was younger and I thought I only had a day to live.
11. My favorite car was always a Corvette, until recently. Now it is a Mini Cooper. Surprise, surprise!
Now to answer the questions my sister asked:
1. Where were you born? Albuquerque, NM
2. What did you want to be when “you grew up?” I wanted to be a singer or a teacher.
3. What do you like to do on Friday nights? I spend the night enjoying the Sabbath with my family.
4. What is your favorite sport/activity Ballet and skiing since they are the two I really participate in and two of my favorites.
5. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy? I would by an around the world vacation.
6. Is there anything you wish you could do, but can’t? I would like to be able to sing.
7. What was your favorite subject in school? English and British Literature
8. Where did you meet your significant other? My husband and I met in high school.
9. Is there anything that terrifies you, if so what is it? Hell is the only thing I can think of that terrifies me.
10. What is your favorite movie? Can’t think of a favorite movie.
11. What is your favorite book? The Bible (King James)
And the eleven questions I leave for anyone who cares to answer:
1. What is your dream vacation?
2. What is your favorite candy bar?
3. Do you like the job you currently have? Why or why not?
4. What is your earliest memory?
5. What is something you would like to do before you die?
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
7. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
8. Have you ever eaten a bug, on purpose?
9. Food you would not want to give up?
10. Favorite subject in school?
11. What kind of pets do you have?
I feel like I just made a list of journal topics for my boy. Maybe I will save them for next year!