Dear Diary 2020: The Week I Finally Found Sunflowers

Scroll down to content

Last week felt like the slowest week ever and I actually got a little bit excited about it.  I thought that maybe now that the boy is gone perhaps time will start to slow down for me, and perhaps it was just as I suspected and having children was what made time go by so fast, specifically, having children at home.  But, no, this week proved that wrong.  It was a normal week for me, felt like it moved at a much more usual pace.  And before I knew it, it was Friday.  I so hoped to get on here first thing Friday morning like the good ole’ days of Friday morning blogging, but I was headed out of the house right away.  I am getting ahead of myself, so let me start back with the beginning of the week.

Sunday:  We – and by we, I now mean only the two of us, Stephen and me – We got up and did our usual Sunday morning stuff.  Then we spent a good amount of time cleaning the garage.  It was a perfect day for it.  The weather was fall like for most of last week and I loved it!  We had so many boxes to throw and made it to the dump while they were open.  Then we were back home and I did what I usually do on a Friday.  I cleaned and did laundry.  Very strange for a Sunday.  The boy came over to wash clothes and get some food grilled for his week.  It was wonderful to see him, but it made me sad for the rest of the night.

Monday: Wow, I am at a loss.  I cannot even remember what I did on Monday.  I don’t think this has ever happened.  It must have been a very unproductive day.  I’m sure I cleaned or something.  And probably went to Wal-Mart, or not.  I really don’t know and I don’t even have a pic to jog my memory.  One thing I do remember is that I didn’t go to the gym because my class was cancelled and I didn’t feel like going anyway.  *Big sigh.  Wait, it’s coming back to me.  I did clean and do some stuff around the house.  Also we took Stephen’s car to the shop and I met Ethan at the electric company.  Whew, that was almost a non-existent day.

Tuesday:  Went to the property and saw my dad.  Went through the wine room, tasted some of what is in there working, then got a tentative plan for what I am doing with it all over the next couple of weeks.  Came home to order wine bottles and the site I was going to order from had them out of stock.  What else is new?  My furniture isn’t in stock either.  *shaking my head.  Decided to dig out all the used wine bottles I have in the garage that I was set on getting rid of.  Keeping them now and soaked them in bleach water and took labels off.  This took most of my day and I ended up with about 50 clean bottles.  I did make it to the gym this night and I was also tired.  Yuki is still in the cone of shame and she’s over it.

Now the garage looks a lot like it did before we cleaned it. Boxes everywhere!!

Wednesday: Waited at home for a special delivery.  I got a new wine press, specifically a bladder press!  Excited to try it out.  Once the delivery arrived, I got myself ready to spend the rest of my day sitting under a canopy with some friends at the lake.  I used sunscreen, sat under a canopy, and still managed to come home with a red outline.  Goes to show how little sun I’ve had this year – almost none.  The weather was perfect.  Woke up with it feeling like it was October and the low humid breeze made the heat of the day nonexistent.  Went to the gym tonight also, and I am still tired

Thursday:  Took advantage of the wonderful weather and finally started to pull weeds in my back yard.  I have so many more to go, and I don’t know how they got so bad – well, probably because I ignored them for so long.  Mowed the back and then came inside to sew, or so I thought.  Was gonna soak some more wine bottles first, but before I knew it I was at 20 more clean and de-labeled bottles.  Sewing will have to be another day.  Stephen came home a bit early this day, but still had work to finish so we missed the gym and had an easy night.  I think it’s Yuki that’s been keeping me so tired.  She won’t move off of the bed with her cone on at night and is a little heater so I’ve been tossing and turning.  The cone comes off tomorrow.

Friday:  Off to the property to bottle wine.  Also I found a different place to order wine bottles.  And even with freight shipping, the cost per bottle is less than the ones I travel two hours for.  This is good news because the brew shop in Nashville I usually go to has since closed down.  After this, I finally found a sunflower field.  And it was a disappointment.  These mammoth sunflowers were all drooped over and going to seed.  I saw only one that had some petals on it, and they didn’t even look that good.  I suppose I will try hunting again for a fall crop.

And that was my week.  My weekend has been pretty good.  A Saturday spent with friends and a Sunday of visiting.  Saw my dad and my boy came over for dinner and so did the nephew.  Plus, the yard got taken care of and I cleaned out Ethan’s old closet.  I also bought a carpet cleaner so I don’t have to call anyone or bother renting something from the store.  Cleaning carpets is the first thing on my to-do list for tomorrow.  Well a start at it anyway.  One room is empty and ready to go.

Hope you all had a great week!  I will be back soon.

One Reply to “Dear Diary 2020: The Week I Finally Found Sunflowers”

Don't leave yet! Tell me what you think.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: